Sunday, February 19, 2012

Error in attaching MSDE database to SQL Server 2005 Express

I'm trying to attach a MSDE 2000 database to SQL Server 2005 Express.

I simply issue sp_detach_db XXX where XXX is the name of my MSDE database. Then sp_attach_db or create database ... with attach and both way gets the following message:

Event ID. : 3415

Description: Database 'XXX' cannot be upgraded because it is
read-only or has read-only files. Make the database or files writeable, and
rerun recovery.

What does it mean?

Thanks for any help,

Peter

It means that the DB Files themselves are probably set to Read Only. Use Explore to look at the file propoerties.

Michelle

|||

Hi Michelle,

I have found out that changing the service account to LocalSystem will solve this issue. So, this should be related to security issue and the message does not help at all.

Peter

|||This happened to me also.
The problem was wrong permissions on folder where I have db files.
Set complete control to Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment