Friday, February 24, 2012

Error in BOL after last windows update

Hello All,
I ran windows update last night and now anytime I go to SQL Server Books
Online it errors on loading HTML Help hh.exe. It will also take down
Enterprise manager or Query Analyzer if I attempt to launch BOL from those
tools.
Any thoughts.
My plan is to reinstall BOL this evening but has anyone else had this
behavior>
Thanks,
LPHi
The Windows Help component was updated with the Windows Security release
yesterday.
It might have become an issue, but I will test it later today.
Regards
Mike
"LP" wrote:

> Hello All,
> I ran windows update last night and now anytime I go to SQL Server Books
> Online it errors on loading HTML Help hh.exe. It will also take down
> Enterprise manager or Query Analyzer if I attempt to launch BOL from those
> tools.
> Any thoughts.
> My plan is to reinstall BOL this evening but has anyone else had this
> behavior>
> Thanks,
> LP|||Thanks,
I'd rather not have to reinstall BOL but I do use it often.
"Mike Epprecht (SQL MVP)" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hi
> The Windows Help component was updated with the Windows Security release
> yesterday.
> It might have become an issue, but I will test it later today.
> Regards
> Mike
> "LP" wrote:
>|||If you do end up reinstalling BOL, please make sure you get the latest
version at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&DisplayLang=en
Gail Erickson [MS]
SQL Server Documentation Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
"LP" <LP@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:03353C12-95B1-4AFC-9D0A-B8057B791856@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Thanks,
> I'd rather not have to reinstall BOL but I do use it often.
>
> "Mike Epprecht (SQL MVP)" wrote:
>|||Hi
On the systems I have, from XP to Server 2003, I found no problem.
Install the latest BOL and see if it fixes your problem.
Regards
--
Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Zurich, Switzerland
IM: mike@.epprecht.net
MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
"Gail Erickson [MS]" <gaile@.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:uiowUTO#EHA.1524@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> If you do end up reinstalling BOL, please make sure you get the latest
> version at
>
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/... />
layLang=en
> --
> Gail Erickson [MS]
> SQL Server Documentation Team
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
> "LP" <LP@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:03353C12-95B1-4AFC-9D0A-B8057B791856@.microsoft.com...
release[vbcol=seagreen]
>

No comments:

Post a Comment