Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error in deployment of Reports

Hello,
I have built a report on SSRS 2005 and wanted to deploy that report as a
URL. However, it gives me an error which reads - "The permissions granted to
user '<Machine Name>\IUSR_<Machine Name>' are insufficient for performing
this operation. (rsAccessDenied)". Any idea whats causing this error. I get
the same message when I try to log on to http://localhost/reportserver.
The IIS on the machine has anonymous access enabled as well as Integrated
Windows Authentication.
Thanks.Bingo (anonymous access). You are not given the rights to deploy because you
are anonymous.
Turn off anonymous access on Reports and ReportServer webs.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Vince Keller" <siliinvestor@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Ox1%23AujPGHA.532@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> I have built a report on SSRS 2005 and wanted to deploy that report as a
> URL. However, it gives me an error which reads - "The permissions granted
> to user '<Machine Name>\IUSR_<Machine Name>' are insufficient for
> performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)". Any idea whats causing this
> error. I get the same message when I try to log on to
> http://localhost/reportserver.
> The IIS on the machine has anonymous access enabled as well as Integrated
> Windows Authentication.
> Thanks.
>|||That worked!
Thank you very much.
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" <bruce_lcNOSPAM@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ubRl21jPGHA.4952@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Bingo (anonymous access). You are not given the rights to deploy because
> you are anonymous.
> Turn off anonymous access on Reports and ReportServer webs.
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "Vince Keller" <siliinvestor@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:Ox1%23AujPGHA.532@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Hello,
>> I have built a report on SSRS 2005 and wanted to deploy that report as a
>> URL. However, it gives me an error which reads - "The permissions granted
>> to user '<Machine Name>\IUSR_<Machine Name>' are insufficient for
>> performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)". Any idea whats causing this
>> error. I get the same message when I try to log on to
>> http://localhost/reportserver.
>> The IIS on the machine has anonymous access enabled as well as Integrated
>> Windows Authentication.
>> Thanks.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment