Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error in Deploying Cube

I am working on a BI prototype development. Everything seemed working smoothly and, all of a sudden, I got the following error in deploying the changes made to some properties of a dimension:

Error - 1056964586: Internal error: An unexpected exception occured.

Error - 1055653859: Errors in the metadata manager. An error occuurred when loading the Slot Game Daily Fact measure group, from the file, '\\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\BI PoC Slot.0.db\BI PoC 1.96.cub\Slot Game Daily Fact.106.det.xml.'

Since I could not find the way to work around this error, I created a new project and could deploy the new changes without any error for a while. Again, suddenly, I got the same type of error as listed above and can no longer proceed with my development work.

Grateful if someone could advise me how to get rid of the errors and prevent it from heppening again.

This looks like a case of data corruption.

Please file your case with http://connect.microsoft.com/sql. Make sure your are running latest service pack SP2.

Please post it in this forum or on connect site if you ever get the same problem again.

Edward.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment