Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error in database mirroring

Hi,

when I tried to mirror database giving principal and mirror server names every details I am getting the error

'Database mirroring is disabled by default. Database mirroring is currently provided for evaluation purposes only and is not to be used in production environments.To enable database mirroring for evaluation purposes, use trace flag 1400 during startup.'

How to user trace flag 1400 during startup?

Since I am newbie Kindly guide me with step by step procedure.

thanks

Hi Shobha,

Database Mirroring is disabled by default in SQL Server 2005 and is enabled in SQL Server 2005 SP1. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to download and install SP1 by following the directions at https://www.microsoft.com/sql/sp1.mspx.

However, if you choose to continue using the RTM (Release to Manufacturer) version of SQL Server 2005 you can enable this feature by adding -T 1400 to the startup options. To do this follow the direction at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190737.aspx. You will need to restart the service upon doing this; a reboot of your system should suffice.

Thanks,

Jaaved Mohammed

|||

Hi. I am using SP1 currently, but I still got the same problem Sad

No comments:

Post a Comment