Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error in deploying cube

Hi,

I'm getting an internal exception error while deploying the solution. The error is as follows -

"Error - 1056964586: Internal error: An unexpected exception occured."

When deployed for the first time, it went through and subsequent changes processed as well. For a specific reason I had to delete the database and redeploy.

From then on I'm getting this error. Earlier threads said try SP2, still the error persists.

Had to share this solution with my teammate as well and even he is getting this error, even though he is deploying it for the first time.

Any help on this would really help, otherwise I would have to recreate the entire solution, changes etc.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I do not know this sepcific error message or number.

But I now - you cannot deploy the cube if you have a role with a user which does not exists. Remove incorrect users from you roles (or try remove all and then deploy again)

I had such issues in most of my deployment scenarios.

Else - does the message come from deployment or processing - try only deploy the solution and do not process.

HANNES

|||

Hi Hannes,

I dont have any user roles defined. Also I'm the administrator of the system and the Analysis Services server as well.

And the error comes when I'm trying to deploy the solution.

|||

"Unexpected Exception" errors usually indicate a bug in the server, and we would require either a crash dump or a copy of the solution in order to diagnose exactly why we're hitting it. I'd recommend opening a support ticket if that option is available to you.

- Brad

|||

I was able to track down the problem in my case.

I had 3 cubes and there was 2 relationships (linked objects), viz. Cube 1 refering Cube 2 and Cube 2 refering Cube 3.

When I removed one of the references, the deployment and processing went through.

I guess this is a limitation not to have such kind of references.

-

Vivek C.

No comments:

Post a Comment