Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error Installing SQL Server 2000

I have a problem installing SQL Server 2000 standard edition in a Windows 2003 Server , when I try to setup there is a message saying :
" You cannot install SQL server 2000 sp 2 and below in this operating system " and the installation stops .

I have tried to run sp3 before the installation but obviously It doesnt work . I think the solution is something like updating the setup program to make it work in Windows 2003 Server , when I see the system requirements on the box it says that I can install SQL server 2000 in w2003 .

what can I do ?

thanks a lot for your help .That was not an error message. We have several DB servers with SQL 2000 running on Win2003. It's a warning message telling you that you have to patch up to sp2 or later to run SQL on Win2003. It should let you install SQL 2000 after that message. If you have problems, it's probably something else. How could you have sp3 installed on the server if you haven't installed SQL on there? I'm just taking what you said in your post.|||yes , It has to be something else . Of course I could not install sp3 because SQL server is not running .|||I got the same thing - ignore it. Just make sure you install SP3 and you'll be fine. After installing, you can check the event viewer, and see that it won't start the service until you apply the proper service pack.|||As I am saying the installation stops , and the setup dialog disappears , Nothing gets installed , I am started to think there is some problem with the windows 2003 server setup CD , I do not know ... any ideas ? I have tried to install SQL server from two different CDs and It doesnt work . Thats why I think the problem is with the Windows 2003 CD.|||you may need to update your msi installer. some times this can become corrupt. make sure you look up information on how to update the msi. i have never done this before but found that it could be a solution to your problem. one more thing BACK UP!!!! before you do this. (no brainer)sql

No comments:

Post a Comment