Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error installing SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition

Hello, I hope someone knows the answer to this issue. I am trying to install SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition and once I get to the screen that is asking for the SQL Server instance and Login Information I receive the following error when trying to proceed.

(Report Server database is a different version and cannot be used for this installation)

I have installed reporting services 2000 developer edition many times and I have never seen this error.

Are you adding a new Report Server to an existing deployment? If so then you are probably impacted by the Service Pack of the SQL Server instance.

I have seen something like this before but can't recall exactly the resolution. However I do recall I was able to find some documentation on this on the Microsoft site.

Sorry can't be of any more help

|||

I ran into the same problem installing Reporting Services on a new web server and I deleted the Report and ReportTemp databases form the server and then the install went fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment