Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error installing SQL Server Management Studio Express

Yesterday I successfully installed Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition which included SQL Server 2005 Express. Today I noticed I needed to download the Management Studio seperate download. I downloaded SQLServer2005_SSMSEE.msi and executed it and get the following error:

Error reading from file C:\...\SQLServer2005_SSMSEE.msi. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it..

Solved my own problem. Once I moved the msi to C:\ the installation worked. Apparently the path it was in was too long causing it to be unreadable. c:\xxxx\xxxx\SQLServer2005_SSMSEE.msiSQLServer2005_SSMSEE.msi.

Make sure you download the management tools for Express as well - it will make your life easier.

Buck Woody

No comments:

Post a Comment