Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error installing SQL Server Developer 2005

I'm trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition and each
time I attempt to I get the error message:
"Failed to install and configure assemblies C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\NotificationServices\9.0.242\Bin\microsoft.sqlserver.notificationservices.dll
in the COM+ catalog. Error: -2146233087
Error message: Unknown error 0x80131501
Error description: MSDTC was unable to read its configuration information.
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D027)"
Not only that, but in my Component Services->Distributed Transaction
Coordinator section, I get the following error message when trying to open
either the Transaction List or Transaction Statistics:
"Cannot open this folder because connection to the MSDTC service on 'My
Computer' failed."
Please help!
Thanks in advance,
Mervin WilliamsMervin Williams schrieb:
> I'm trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition and each
> time I attempt to I get the error message:
> "Failed to install and configure assemblies C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server\90\NotificationServices\9.0.242\Bin\microsoft.sqlserver.notificationservices.dll
> in the COM+ catalog. Error: -2146233087
> Error message: Unknown error 0x80131501
> Error description: MSDTC was unable to read its configuration information.
> (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D027)"
> Not only that, but in my Component Services->Distributed Transaction
> Coordinator section, I get the following error message when trying to open
> either the Transaction List or Transaction Statistics:
> "Cannot open this folder because connection to the MSDTC service on 'My
> Computer' failed."
>
Maybe MSDTC is not running. You can check this by going into cmd
and type "net start" <enter>. You should see a "distributed transaction
coordinator" service. If not maybe its starttype is "disabled" and you
should change it to "automatic".
hth
Gregor Stefka|||Actually, I have no "Distributed Transaction Coordinator" service in my
Services applet. Why is this and how do I install it?
Thanks in advance,
Mervin Williams
"Gregor Stefka" <stefka@.zuehlke-bieker.de> wrote in message
news:egCWZ7zkHHA.4876@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Mervin Williams schrieb:
>> I'm trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition and
>> each
>> time I attempt to I get the error message:
>> "Failed to install and configure assemblies C:\Program Files\Microsoft
>> SQL
>> Server\90\NotificationServices\9.0.242\Bin\microsoft.sqlserver.notificationservices.dll
>> in the COM+ catalog. Error: -2146233087
>> Error message: Unknown error 0x80131501
>> Error description: MSDTC was unable to read its configuration
>> information.
>> (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D027)"
>> Not only that, but in my Component Services->Distributed Transaction
>> Coordinator section, I get the following error message when trying to
>> open
>> either the Transaction List or Transaction Statistics:
>> "Cannot open this folder because connection to the MSDTC service on 'My
>> Computer' failed."
> Maybe MSDTC is not running. You can check this by going into cmd
> and type "net start" <enter>. You should see a "distributed transaction
> coordinator" service. If not maybe its starttype is "disabled" and you
> should change it to "automatic".
> hth
> Gregor Stefka|||Mervin Williams (mwilliams@.innovasolutions.net) writes:
> I'm trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition and each
> time I attempt to I get the error message:
> "Failed to install and configure assemblies C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
>
Server\90\NotificationServices\9.0.242\Bin\microsoft.sqlserver.notifications
ervices.dll
> in the COM+ catalog. Error: -2146233087
Do you plan to work with Notification Services? Not that I want to
belittle it, but is not the most commonly used component of SQL Server.
So if you have no direct need of it, why not just skip installing it?
--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se
Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx

No comments:

Post a Comment