Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error installing SQL Server 2005 Express Manager

Hello everyone,

My name is Pete and I'm new to this forum. Today, I installed Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 and SQL Server 2005 Express June CTP. The following error pops up when I attempt to install SQL Server 2005 Express Manager:

"The installer encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755"

I've downloaded this package several times and reinstalled it with no such luck.

Did anyone experience this same problem when you tried to install SQL Server Express Manager?

Thank you for your answers

PeterHi Pete,

I suggest you try downloading the package again. We've had a couple of reports similar to this.

Dan|||Hello Dan,

I downloaded and installed this package several times with no such luck. Below is the acutal text of the error:

"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755"

The following URL is the source of the package:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C7A5CC62-EC54-4299-85FC-BA05C181ED55&displaylang=en

If you can point me in the right direction as to where I can get a 'working' copy of this package, then that would be great.

Thank you for your answers.

Peter|||
Hi Dan,

I was able to successfully install SQL Server 2005 Express Manager. The resolution was to copy to the ExpressManager.msi file to the local disk, such as C:, then install it. It didn't work when I tried to install it from a network and or UNC name.

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment