Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error installing SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition

I get the following error installing SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition

Failed to install and configure assemblies C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Tasks\Microsoft.SqlServer.MSMQTask.dll in the COM+ catalog. Error: -2146233087
Error message: Unknown error 0x80131501
Error description: You must have administrative credentials to perform this task. Contact your system administrator for assistance.

I am installing on Windows XP with Admin privs.

There is nothing listed in COM+ Services for SQL.

The Distributed Transaction Coordinator service is running.

There is a previous installation of SQL 2000 Developer Edition installed.

I have seen some pretty old posts with the same error.

I was wondering if there was a final resolution, service pack, etc. that solves this problem?

I think your best bet is to follow Milos' suggestion in this thread:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1143461&SiteID=1

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

|||

As I mentioned, there is nothing in COM+ services for SQL.

I just clicked ignore to let the installation continue.

I have not tried to use integration services yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment