Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error loading report

I have created many crystal reports within VB.Net that are based upon an *.xsd file as the report source is dynamic. This works fine on the machine they were developed on. However I now wish to roll out the final solution and store the reports on a shared network drive whilst the VB app is on each desktop. I have tried copying the *.rpt file to the shared drive along with the *.xsd files. I even changed each report to now look at the *.xsd in the new location. However when I try to open a report I get the following error:

Error in file e:\directory\report.rpt.
Failed to load database information.

Any ideas.?

ThanksMake sure it is pointing the correct database|||Check if proper DSN is created and Verify the Database in the report at design time.|||With e:\ being the network drive my report e:\myreport.rpt is pointing to e:\myreport.xsd

which is correct as far as I know.|||Have ttried changing network paths to UNC, no joy.

Strangely, if I load the project within VB.Net, the app and the reports run fine. But when I run the installed package I get this error. This makes me think that maybe I need to package up some additional files with the app.?

No comments:

Post a Comment