Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error installing SQL Server 7 on XP Pro

I need to install SQL Server 7 Desktop Edition on an XP Pro machine.
When I try, using my MSDN SQL Server 7 CD, I get an error dialog with
the following message. This error occurs before I get the splash
screen asking if I want to install the Desktop or Standard Edition.
"The Enterprise Edition server component cannot be installed on
Windows NT workstation using this CD. Only client components will be
available for installation."
What do I have to do to install 7.0 on XP Pro?
Thanks.
--
BillBill,
Probably you are using the incorrect CD. I've already installed many times -
the Desktop Edition, without any problem.
Regards,
Vitor Mauricio
Is not possible to install
"Bill Todd" <no@.no.com> wrote in message
news:kk74c0lpd8jfgod5qt3qbrhu0btbs6f2ag@.
4ax.com...
> I need to install SQL Server 7 Desktop Edition on an XP Pro machine.
> When I try, using my MSDN SQL Server 7 CD, I get an error dialog with
> the following message. This error occurs before I get the splash
> screen asking if I want to install the Desktop or Standard Edition.
> "The Enterprise Edition server component cannot be installed on
> Windows NT workstation using this CD. Only client components will be
> available for installation."
> What do I have to do to install 7.0 on XP Pro?
> Thanks.
> --
> Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment