Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error installing SQL Server Developer 2005

I'm trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition and each
time I attempt to I get the error message:
"Failed to install and configure assemblies C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\NotificationServices\9.0.242\Bin\microso ft.sqlserver.notificationservices.dll
in the COM+ catalog. Error: -2146233087
Error message: Unknown error 0x80131501
Error description: MSDTC was unable to read its configuration information.
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D027)"
Not only that, but in my Component Services->Distributed Transaction
Coordinator section, I get the following error message when trying to open
either the Transaction List or Transaction Statistics:
"Cannot open this folder because connection to the MSDTC service on 'My
Computer' failed."
Please help!
Thanks in advance,
Mervin Williams
Mervin Williams schrieb:
> I'm trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition and each
> time I attempt to I get the error message:
> "Failed to install and configure assemblies C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server\90\NotificationServices\9.0.242\Bin\microso ft.sqlserver.notificationservices.dll
> in the COM+ catalog. Error: -2146233087
> Error message: Unknown error 0x80131501
> Error description: MSDTC was unable to read its configuration information.
> (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D027)"
> Not only that, but in my Component Services->Distributed Transaction
> Coordinator section, I get the following error message when trying to open
> either the Transaction List or Transaction Statistics:
> "Cannot open this folder because connection to the MSDTC service on 'My
> Computer' failed."
>
Maybe MSDTC is not running. You can check this by going into cmd
and type "net start" <enter>. You should see a "distributed transaction
coordinator" service. If not maybe its starttype is "disabled" and you
should change it to "automatic".
hth
Gregor Stefka
|||Actually, I have no "Distributed Transaction Coordinator" service in my
Services applet. Why is this and how do I install it?
Thanks in advance,
Mervin Williams
"Gregor Stefka" <stefka@.zuehlke-bieker.de> wrote in message
news:egCWZ7zkHHA.4876@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Mervin Williams schrieb:
> Maybe MSDTC is not running. You can check this by going into cmd
> and type "net start" <enter>. You should see a "distributed transaction
> coordinator" service. If not maybe its starttype is "disabled" and you
> should change it to "automatic".
> hth
> Gregor Stefka
|||Mervin Williams (mwilliams@.innovasolutions.net) writes:
> I'm trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition and each
> time I attempt to I get the error message:
> "Failed to install and configure assemblies C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
>
Server\90\NotificationServices\9.0.242\Bin\microso ft.sqlserver.notifications
ervices.dll
> in the COM+ catalog. Error: -2146233087
Do you plan to work with Notification Services? Not that I want to
belittle it, but is not the most commonly used component of SQL Server.
So if you have no direct need of it, why not just skip installing it?
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se
Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx

No comments:

Post a Comment